September 22 marked National Voter Registration Day as the country gears up for the upcoming 2020 election. Many seniors at Douglas Freeman High School will be eligible to vote in the presidential election this fall. Make sure that your voice is heard by creating a plan to vote today!
With the widespread impact of the coronavirus pandemic, it is crucial that voters create a plan to cast their votes this fall. Voters in Virginia have three options when casting their votes for the 2020 election: absentee voting, early in-person voting, and in-person voting on election day.
Absentee Ballot Voting
For the upcoming election, voters may request mail-in absentee ballots through October 23. After completing the ballot, voters can mail their ballot to their general registrar’s office, drop off their ballot at official Henrico County ballot drop-off locations including their general registrar’s office, or at any polling place on election day.
Early In-Person Voting
Early voting in-person began in Henrico on Friday, September 18. Virginians may cast their vote in-person at Eastern and Western Government Centers through October 31.
- When: Monday-Friday, 8 am through 4:30 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm through October 31.
- Where: Western Government Center (4305 E. Parham Road) and Eastern Government Center (3820 Nine Mile Road)
Election day in-person voting will take place on November 3 at polling places around Henrico. If you plan to vote in-person on November 3, you can confirm the location of your local voting place through the resources linked below.
Register to Vote
Will you be able to vote in the 2020 election? If you are eligible, you must register to vote by October 13. You may be eligible to vote in Virginia if:
- You will be 18 years old by the next election, which takes place on November 3. If you are currently 17 years old, but will turn 18 before the election, you will meet the age requirement to vote in this election.
- You are a US Citizen and resident of Virginia.
- Register to vote: www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/how-to-register/
- Request an absentee ballot: henrico.us/registrar/absentee_voting/absentee-ballots/
- Absentee Voting FAQ: www.elections.virginia.gov/media/absentee-landing-page/FAQ_absentee_voting.pdf
- Find your polling place: vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation
- Voter registration Deadline – October 13, 2020
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you – October 23, 2020
- Election Day – November 3, 2020
- Final day to vote early in-person – October 31, 2020