What Seniors Will Miss Most About Freeman

Riley Speidell Centerspread Editor The 2020-2021 school year has been a unique one for the graduating class.  Their year started with total online learning and eventually moved to a hybrid style.  With so many changes, the senior class missed many Freeman senior traditions.  Even so, their time at Freeman has not been diminished by thisContinue reading “What Seniors Will Miss Most About Freeman”

The Woes of the College Board Website

Kieran Wall Staff Writer If you have taken an AP class, SAT, or PSAT, you have dealt with the horror that is the College Board website. The pain starts at the home page (www.collegeboard.org), which serves as a sort of hub for all the services provided by College Board. The first thing you see whenContinue reading “The Woes of the College Board Website”

Prom 2021: The Journey Continues

Isabelle Hevron Staff Writer Although most school functions that occur in the fall such as homecoming, football games, and pep rallies were cancelled due to COVID-19, the new downward trend of positive cases has allowed Freeman to host a senior-only prom this spring. The school dance took place on Saturday, May 22, and the juniorContinue reading “Prom 2021: The Journey Continues”

Senior Scavenger Hunt

Kendall Betz Features Editor In the midst of senior assassin, the Class of 2021 took a pause from chasing each other with Nerf guns to participate in a new senior activity: the Senior Scavenger Hunt. Participating seniors were given the chance to get outside Amazing Race style and travel all over the Freeman area lookingContinue reading “Senior Scavenger Hunt”

FreeMUN 2021 Conference

Annabelle Glassman Staff Writer After months of planning and years of dreaming, the Freeman Model UN club held its first conference, FreeMUN I, this past weekend. 60 delegates from high schools and middle schools across Henrico County participated in five different committees on Saturday. These students worked together to tackle issues from modern-day artificial intelligenceContinue reading “FreeMUN 2021 Conference”

Tips and Tricks for the SAT

Cindy Xie Staff Writer With the testing season in full steam ahead, many students are starting their preparations for important exams like the SAT. If you have not started studying for the SAT, and even if you have already taken it, here are some tips that will help improve your test-taking skills! General Tips IfContinue reading “Tips and Tricks for the SAT”

The Transition to Hybrid Learning

April Miller Staff Writer After much debate over a possible return-to-school date, Freeman officially began hybrid learning on March 8. A total of 44% of the student body returned to in-person learning and the remaining 56% stayed virtual. Here is how Freeman’s transition to hybrid learning went. “I’m such an extroverted person,” said junior EllaContinue reading “The Transition to Hybrid Learning”

A Week in the Life of an In-Person Student

Anastasia Branch Editor-in-Chief Monday March 8 First day of in-person learning down! Walking into the building on Monday morning definitely felt surreal.   I thought I was going to have a difficult time getting used to wearing a mask for so long, but I honestly forgot that it was on throughout the day. On the otherContinue reading “A Week in the Life of an In-Person Student”

What “Mavericks” Means to Freeman Students

Jack Harenchar Staff Writer When Freeman students return to the school building, they will be welcomed back by more than their teachers and extensive COVID prevention guidelines: they are coming back to a new mascot. Since Freeman chose to move on from the “Rebels” nickname and adopt the “Mavericks” as the school’s new mascot thisContinue reading “What “Mavericks” Means to Freeman Students”